Tuesday, May 26, 2020
I hope this email finds everyone in good health. As you are aware, we will resume team workouts on June 1st. The month of June will look different than years past. I will try and make the changes as easy to understand as possible.
- First, JV/Varsity will start at 4 and end by 6, and Incoming freshmen will be 6-7. All players should report to their scheduled time 30 minutes early. All players will be report to an assigned table, meet at stadium entrance where they will be recorded as present, temperature taken and asked the 6 following questions:
- Have you been in close contact with a person with a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19?
- Have you had unusual cough or shortness of breath?
- Have you had a sore throat or other flu-like symptoms?
- Have you had a fever of 100.0 degrees or greater in the past 72 hours?
- Have you had new loss of taste or smell?
- Have you had vomiting or diarrhea in the last 24 hours?
*Players with over 100.00 degree temperature or answer yes or refuse to be screened, will be sent home. The student will not be cleared to return until cleared according to CDC guidelines.
- The locker room and weight room will be off limits. Unless we have inclimate weather, we will not be using those areas. We will try and do everything outside. In the event we have bad weather, we will use those areas. Masks should be worn while we work inside where spacing is less than 6 feet. (Ex. is spotting someone in weightroom) . Every player must provide their own mask and bring it every day in the event we need to move into more confined spaces.
- Every player needs to bring their own water. I recommend bringing a gallon of water, and put your name on it. Brandi and her trainers will not be with us until July 6th when we return from dead period.
- Please bring cleats and tennis shoes every day as well as dressed in Indy FB gear. Incoming freshmen will be able to buy some workout gear the first day for $30/set. (1 shirt, 1 pair of shorts)
- Coaches will divide groups into 9 players per group, 6 feet apart. Groups will net be within 10 feet of each other. Our goal during June, is to get back into some sort of football shape and begin installing schemes.
- If you do not feel comfortable with the restrictions outlined, your son will not be penalized for missing.
Two more items to consider: Sport physicals have been extended to the first day of school. If you had a physical last season, it is good until we start back school. I recommend getting to work on that asap. Also, the school sports fee has gone up to $75. That will be due before first game.
Lastly, I will be doing another podcast on this Friday with Dash 2 sports at 9 am. You can listen at www.ihstdc.com.
Cliff notes: Arrive 30 min early, have all equipment needed with you, bring your own water and mask. Stay home if not comfortable or answering yes to any of the questions, or if temp exceeds 100.00.
Hope this helps!
Head Football Coach
Independence High School